Today I got up with craving of eating something very spicy. I wanted to make something healthy and fast. I had some already cooked quinoa saved from yesterday's lemon quinoa . So I thought of making stir fried quinoa with baby corn. I hope you will give it a try and you can really custom make per your taste :).
2 cupped cooked quinoa
1 medium sized onion, chopped lengthwise
2 green onions, separately chop green and white portions
1 zucchini , chop diagonally
Celery , 1 cup finely chopped
Brocllie florets,1 cup
Green beans , finely chopped , 1 cup
Carrots , 1 cup shredded
Baby corn, 1 cup
Ginger , 2 tsp finely chopped
Garlic , 2 tsp finely chopped
Green chilies per taste
Soy sauce, 1 tsp
Vinegar, 1 tsp
Salt per taste
Black pepper , 1 tsp
Oil, 2 tsp
Chili hot sauce (optional)
Prepare all vegetables. Keep aside
Heat oil in a pan , add onion and stir fry
Once turned brown add ginger, garlic, green chili, white portion of green onions.
Stir fry for 3-4 minutes , add celery and sauté , after 2 minutes add rest of all vegetables except onion green.
Stir fry until vegetables get cooked. Then add soy sauce, black pepper , vinegar, chili sauce If adding, mix thoroughly with vegetables.
Then add cooked quinoa , salt. Remember sauces has salt already so be cautious with salt.
Cook for 3-4 min, stirring occasionally. Then add spring onion green, serve hot with hot sauce!
I add roasted peanuts once sauces are added it really taste great and gives a Kung fu style taste :).
Friday, April 26, 2013
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
- Rice noodles
- Broccoli 1/2 cup
- Carrots 1/2 cup shredded
- Cabbage 1 cup finely shredded
- Green beans 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Sesame oil 2 tsp
- Ginger 2 tsp shredded
- Garlic 2 tsp shredded
- Chopped onions 1/2 cup
- Green onions 2-3 finely chopped.
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar 2 tsp
- Hot sauce per taste
- Soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Boil noodles per instructions.
- Heat a pan, add sesame oil. Once heated add onions
- Sauté Onions until turn pink.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for few minutes.
- Then add rest of vegetables and sauté for 3-4 minute
- Then add hot sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper.
- Once thoroughly mixed add cocked noodles.
- Sauté thoroughly and add salt.
- Top with spring onion greens and serve hot.