Lemon rice is one of my favorite quick fix dish. I make it whenever I have leftover white cooked rice. Now a days I make it with quinoa . It's a health , quick , high protein recipe. Definitely give it a try.
Quinoa - 1 cup
Onion -1 medium sized , finely chopped
Red dry chillies -2/3
Curry leaves - 7-8
Split pea lentil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cashews - 10 (optional)
Oil -2 tsp
Salt per taste
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 3 tsp
1. Cook quinoa in 2 cup of water and keep aside.Heat oil in a pan, when heated, add mustard seeds once spluttered, add split pea lentil and curry leaves and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add red chilies,
2. Add chopped onion and sauté until little caramelized.
3. Now add turmeric powder and sauté for a few seconds.
4. Add peanuts and sauté for few seconds , add cashews as well if using.
5. Add cooked quinoa and mix well.
6. Mix salt per taste in a bowl with lemon juice.
7. Now add this salted lemon juice in pan with quinoa and mix well. Cover and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Garnish with finely chopped fresh cilantro.
1. You can replace quinoa with cooked white rice/ brown rice .
2. Use per roasted peanuts / cashews to save time, if salted adjust salt accordingly.
3. You can use lemon juice in bottle available in super markets.